The Olota of Ota Kingdom (Arole Iganmode), HRM Professor AbdulKabir Adeyemi Obalanlege has installed the Biochemist turned Ifa Priest, Oluwo (Dr.) Fasola Babatunde Faniyi as the new Araba of Ota Kingdom. Oba Adeyemi Obalanlege installed Oluwo Fasola Faniyi amidst many traditionalists in the State.
Oluwo Fasola Faniyi, a graduate of Biochemistry at Olabisi Onabanjo University who also had a Post Graduate Diploma in Criminology, Security Management and Operations from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. He is the CEO of Ancestral Pride Temple Ltd and also the President of Ancestral Pride Foundation (a foundation that promotes African culture and changes the mindset of people about African Traditional religion).
Oluwo Fashola Faniyi who is also the Awise of Owode Onitetitku, was conferred with the chieftaincy title owning to his track record in Ifa divination and his immense contribution to the overall growth of Ota on the 24th day of August, 2021, While conferring the title on Oluwo (Dr.) Fasola Faniyi, Oba Adeyemi described him as a very ‘kind-hearted who have the love of his community at heart. Adding that the title was well deserving.
Olota advised the new Araba to be steadfast and upright as his new position is that is one of the highest chieftaincy positions in Ota while also enjoining him to be well behaved.
And due to the traditional rites associated to the exalted position, the coronation (Iwuye) will be held in November 2021.
The Dignitaries in attendance are:
Oba Wasiu Akanni Ogungbayi, (The Onitetiku of Owode), all four quarters king Oba Clement Olusegun Akinyemi Ajana of Ijana, Ota, Oba Hrh Abdul Akeem Odunaro The Onikotun of otun, ota, oba Ajani Wadudu (Akogun of Oruba), Oba Anibire (The Olukosi of otta), and Hrh Oba Maroof Alagbe the Elegushi Otta Palace.
- Ancestral Pride Foundation Members
- Obasegun Ado-Odo/Ota Omọ Arinu Chief Wasiu Amoo Fadairo Ewegbemi
- The Oluwo of Ota High Chief Oyedele Deinde,
- Oluwo Itoki Ota, Seriki of Ota,
- Dayo Eleku (Lisa of Ota),
- Fadipe Bamishaiye EzekielAbimbola (Aro of Ota),
- Abina (The Paramount Iyalaje of Ota),
- Iyalode of Ota Yeyegunwa,
- Yeyemesho of Otta.
- Oluwo Ifagbemi Ifajobi (Araba of Mushin)
- Agboola Awodiran (Araba Oworonsoki)
- Joint association of Babaláwo Onifa Ogun West and Ajo Babaláwo in Ota and Environment,
- Chairman, Babalawo Ogun State under Aregbesola Anipupo (Oluwo Ogun State),
- Egbe Emere Agbaye,
- Itusi Royal Family, Ilogbo Ota,
- Olawunmi Royal Family, Iga Ilisa Iyesi Ota,
- Reformed Ogboni FRATERNITY (Iledi Akin George Ota),
- All Ifagbemi Family of Iga Ilugba Ota and many more.